Greybridge Search & Selection Ltd (company number 8202028) (“Greybridge”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our database. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://greybridge.co.uk (“Our Site”) and we want to provide a safe and secure user experience.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Greybridge may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- To provide our services to you;
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- To answer your enquiries;
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- Where you are registered as a candidate on our database, your personal information may be accessible by or transferred or duplicated within our offices to enable them to provide you with recruitment services and for the purposes of business development, systems development and testing. We will notify you in the event we wish to transfer your data in order to explore job opportunities for you outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and we will give you the opportunity to withhold your consent to such transfer. Greybridge applies equal rigour to the security of data held and processed across the whole of its network, and each office enters into a specific data protection agreement with Greybridge Search & Selection Ltd head office, thereby undertaking to meet the same standards of data security and to act in accordance with the eight data protection principles applicable under the strict European data protection laws.
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions of Payroll and Invoice services on behalf of Greybridge, required information will be shared in order to ensure accuracy for all payments and invoices, for both clients and candidates; we ensure full confidentiality when sharing all information provided for this purpose. This third party comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
- To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
- If Greybridge merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- Our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive. Job alerts can also be received via RSS feeds without having to provide your email address. Job alerts emails are sent by Greybridge directly.
Curriculum vitae (“CV”)
We give you the option of submitting your CV by emailing to our consultants or via third party websites etc. Your CV will be stored in the Greybridge database for a period of 5 years, and will be accessible by Greybridge recruitment consultants. Your CV may also be e-mailed directly to other Greybridge offices for review and to enable them to provide their services to you. In addition, the Greybridge recruitment database, including the information relating to you, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in other offices at Greybridge.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
Aggregate Information about Greybridge online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold.
You have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information supplied by you that we uphold. (Subject Data Request) We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. If you would like to make a request for information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to ask Greybridge to stop using your information and request your personal data to be deleted (the right to be ‘forgotten’). Please contact email@example.com for any such requests and we will ensure your details are removed and measures put in place to prevent duplication records.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website – where data privacy practices may be different to that of Greybridge. Visitors should consult the other websites’ privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about the Greybridge online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call your local office to speak to one of our representatives.
Greybridge is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
If you have any enquires you can contact us at: email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Greybridge Search & Selection Ltd