Management Consulting is one of those titles that people from all sides of the industry define in different ways. From our perspective, we are talking about people who have worked in a recognised Management Consulting firm and have a toolkit of methodologies from their experience.
Helping organisations to improve their performance…
Management consulting is the practice of helping organisations to improve their performance, operating primarily through the analysis of existing organisational problems and the development of plans for improvement.
Organisations may draw upon the services of management consultants for a number of reasons, including gaining external (and presumably objective) advice and access to the consultants’ specialised expertise.
Three types of consulting and what they do:
- Strategy Consulting – Answering questions like: How do we respond to a new competitive threat? How can we increase our profit margin? Will it save us money to move offices? How do we go about launching this new product?
- Change and Transformation/Operations – Answering questions like: How do we redesign this HR system? How do we offshore/outsource this function? How do we move our offices and computer system while still running the business? How should we go about training everyone on our new company-wide ERP software system ?
- Technical Consulting – Answering questions like: How should we go about technically implementing a new, company-wide (Customer Relationship Management) system? How can we make sure everyone in the business has the new Cyber Security updates before the holidays? How can we ensure our data is encrypted, backed up, accessible, and GDPR compliant?
Why use management consultants?
- Wide and varied client experience
- Complex problem solving
- Lots of varied experience
- Strong work ethic
- Huge collegial network
- Constant training and upskilling
If you have any questions, or aren’t sure, get in touch. Whether you are an employer looking for your next hire or a candidate looking for your next job we can help you get on track.